Sunday, January 28, 2007

Task Four: Runescape

Even though my children love playing this game, I have never taken the journey into Runescape until now. I had some experience playing role-playing games when I was in college but using the computer to control the character was new for me. The game reminds me of the Nintendo Zelda games only more complex. So far my kids haven't been on Runescape since I created the character. I am hoping I survive the surprise that they have planned for me. I can see the fascination that they have for this game. The combination of the tasks and the actions keep them coming back for more. If I would compare this to the old role playing games I would say the action was slow. Let's face it the human mind moves much faster than the computer game. It was nice to see the action rather than just imagining it. I was surprised to lean that this game is from England. For some reason I always thought that this one came out of Silicone Valley. It just goes to show how world wide internet gaming really is.

No comments: