Monday, January 22, 2007

Why am I doing this?

I am starting this blog to participate in a staff day activity at my library. I am one of the computer class teacher’s at my branch so it is only fitting that I should support our Library 2.0 program. (Also getting a techie prize at Staff Day would not hurt either.) This is an attempt to make library personnel more comfortable with the new technology that is out there. I have always been one who embraces new technology. Just give me that new gizmo and I will know how to use it in no time flat. There are a total of five tasks that are to be completed. Basically the tasks break down to blogging, exploring blogs, photo sharing, Runescape and readers advisory. The one that my children look forward to with great anticipation is the Runescape challenge. I have a feeling that they will just be waiting to see if their characters can surprise good old mom when she starts to make her mark. I will keep adding to this as I go through the tasks at hand. Most of the tasks I have done at some point in time with the exception of Runescape.

No comments: